Toast Go, a mobile, point-of-sale device designed specifically for the unique needs of restaurants and their teams
- Company (that provides the nominated product / solution / service): Toast, Inc.
- Website: pos.toasttab.com
- Company size (employees): 1,000 to 4,999
- Product Version Number: 1
- Type of solution: Hybrid
- Year this product or service was first introduced to the market: 2018
- Year the current version of this product or service has been released: 2018
- Approximate number of users worldwide: n/a
In 3 bullets, summarize why this product or service deserves recognition:
* Toast Go™ makes the chaos of restaurant operations run smoothly, resulting in increased speed of service; better, automated communication across front-of-house and back-of-house; happier customers; and ultimately, greater workplace productivity and revenue.
* Today, to promote efficiency, a growing number of restaurants are opting to operate on handheld devices, but the consumer-grade tablets available to restaurateurs present an option whose design is sleek yet impractical for the organized chaos of bustling dining rooms and busy kitchens; Toast Go™ offers a superior solution for the restaurant sales process.
* Restaurants are often intense, challenging work environments, and especially under today’s increased consumer expectations, technology like Toast Go™ plays a vital role in the ability of these storefronts to meet the consumer’s demand for speed while running smoothly.
In less than 300 words, summarize the most important features and benefits of this product or service
This year, restaurant technology company Toast unveiled Toast Go™, a handheld device that offers a durable, practical mobile payment solution designed specifically to streamline the sales process in modern restaurants. Developed based on Toast’s deep understanding of restaurants, Toast Go™ was built to withstand drops, spills and heat, and to last from open to close, with a 40% longer battery life when compared to an iPad-based point-of-sale system. The device features an ergonomic design: it weighs in at under a pound, fits naturally server’s hands, and is slim enough to slip into an apron or back pocket, but still has a large enough screen to handle a complex menu. Knowing that traditional consumer-grade technology can struggle on restaurant wi-fi networks, Toast Go™ incorporates a wi-fi chipset that keeps servers connected so they can place orders, take payments, and issue email or digital receipts from anywhere in a dining room, whether inside or out on a patio.
With Toast Go™, waitstaff has the luxury of information readily available, even when fielding customer questions tableside; they can access details on which items are in or out of stock, ingredient information, and even suggested drink pairings. Servers also receive a notification through the handheld when an order is fulfilled on the Kitchen Display System, ensuring food is served hot and fresh. With Toast Go™, servers no longer need to wait for a terminal to open up, and orders — with all of their important details, like allergies and requested meat temperature — are fired from the table directly to the kitchen. While Toast Go™ technology puts the ability to communicate with the kitchen at servers’ fingertips, it also gives them the opportunity to spend less time running around and more time interacting with customers, promoting a positive experience for diners and employees alike.
- Vote For This Nomination
Leave a Comment.
You need to be a registered member to comment on this nomination.Please register